- Write articles for magazines or newspapers: This is not for pay. It is purely for exposure. You'll more than likely get a good response by offering your expertise on a given topic for free.
- Business Cards: Consider your business cards to be seeds being planted in a garden. Ever card can produce a harvest.
- Auto signs: A car door magnet with your book cover and contact information can be very effective. It's your own mobile billboard.
- Conduct tele-seminar or online seminar: Again, don't look for money, look for exposure. The money will come.
- Pass out fliers in though out the neighborhood: Honestly, the return on this may not be great, but the law of compensation guarantees that once you have done all you can, you will receive a reward for your effort.
- Promotional Sales: There is a holiday every month of the year. In fact, almost every day of the year has some kind of significance. Find out when "Left handers day" is and offer a special to all lefties.
- Send out complimentary copies: The goal is to send books to people who have the influence to push you to the next level. Focus your mind on finding "connectors" (people with connections).
- PUBLIC SPEAKING: Look for or create public speaking opportunities.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Let's keep it simple. Are you pondering what your marketing tip is? Here are 8 marketing strategies to consider.
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
I've waited for the first week of 2014 to end before I sent this challenge because I want you to look back to see if you have done what you said you would do in 2014. The new race for success has begun.
Your only competitor is yourself. You have to out-perform the you of 2013. If last year's you had a great idea for a book last year, then this year's you must write the book.
Here are 3 steps to winning this race against you.
1. List last year's accomplishments: This is extremely helpful in discovering where you have to go. Try to list 60 accomplishments from last year. This will be hard, but it will cause you to wring out every inch of ideas and thoughts from your mind. Some examples are "read 5 books", "lost 5 pounds" "sold 100 books" .
2. Make Plans to Accomplish More: After you have written out your list, make plans to increase those accomplishments for this year and also add new accomplishments. So now you'll need to read 10 books. Figure out how much time that will take, and how many pages per day that will take. Plan to lose 10 pounds. Plan to sell 200 books by doubling what you did to sell 100 books.
3. Get to Work: Do something every day towards these goals. Will Smith the actor/rapper said it this way. "You don't set out to build a perfect wall. Instead you set out to lay one brick as perfectly as a brick has ever been laid. And the more you lay individual perfect bricks, you will eventually have a perfect wall."
Happy New Year, and Happy Selling!